Abbey Montessori is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and adapting its practices as needed and required. We will update our community via email and through resources on this page.
Important guidelines for reopening during COVID-19:
Download the New Guidelines for Reopening During COVID-19 below:
Download the Authorization to Sign In and Sign Out below:
NEW GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING DURING COVID-19:
Before bringing your child to school
Take your child’s temperature before dropping off at school.
Notify the school if your child is sick.
Notify the staff if your child took medicine in the prior 24 hours before coming to school.
Notify the school if your child or someone in your home is experiencing symptoms or havehad exposure to another individual with suspected or confirmed Covid-19 case.
- Sunscreen should be applied at home before coming to school.
- Bring extra change of clothes.
- Bring extra pair of shoes that your child will wear at school.
Drop off and pick up
Please allot extra time during drop off and pick up.
Parents and guardians are required to wear masks during drop off and pick up. Childrenmay use masks, if they want to.
Drop off and pick up of children will ONLY be at the outside at the front of the building. Yourchild will be walked inside/walked out by a staff when your child is ready to go in/go home.
- Please assist in washing your child’s hand before your child enters the school and when your child leaves the school. A hand hygiene station will be available at the front.
- Your child’s temperature will be taken before going inside the school. A temperature of 100.4F or higher cannot be admitted to the school.
You will be forewarned if, in case, your child has an elevated temperature of 99F or higher.
Health screening procedure will be implemented during drop off.
To maintain contactless sign in and sign out, a staff will sign in and sign out on your behalf.Your authorization will be needed for this process.
To allow social and physical distancing, only one child/family can drop off/pickup at a time.If a child is being dropped off or picked up ahead of you, you may wait in your car or at the front yard, as long as you maintain social distancing.
- Your child’s shoes shall be changed to the shoes kept at school during drop off and be changed to the shoes that came from home during pick up.
For a faster pick-up procedure, it is helpful if you can send a text message or call the schoolphone if you are about to pick up your child.
It is ideal to have the same person to drop off and pick up your child. It is not recommendedfor grandparents to drop off or pick up your child.
Indoor environment shall be extended outdoors. Weather permitting, classes will be brought outdoors.
Children and staff shall be monitored throughout the day for possible symptoms/illness.
Strict handwashing guidelines shall be enforced and implemented for all children and staff.
Emergency pick up
- Arrange for somebody to pick up your child right away if your child gets sick at school or is exhibiting any symptom of Covid-19 infection.
Your child should be picked up right away if he/she is exhibiting any of these symptoms:
c. nasal congestion
e. rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent activity) or shortness of breath f. chills
g. muscle pain
i. sore throat
j. loss of taste or smell
k. blood shot eyes
l. swollen hands, feet, mouth, toes
m. flushed cheeks
n. extreme fussiness
p. nausea or vomiting
r. poor feeding or poor appetite
Child should be free of symptoms before going back to school.
Please update your contact information so we can reach you at all times.
Lunch and Snacks
Send lunch and snacks in a brown bag. All left over shall be thrown out.
Provide disposable utensils, if needed.
School snacks will not be provided during this time.
Drinking fountain will not be available during this time. Disposable cups will be available for drinking water.
- Sharing of food or drinks will not be encouraged.
Extra clothes, undergarment, shoes, sunscreen, car seats, milk bottles, and other personal items
Your child should always have a set of change of clothes to be kept at school. Spare “Abbey” clothes will not be provided anymore.
Bring a pair of shoes that shall be kept and used at school.
Sunscreen shall be applied at home before dropping off your child.
All personal items should be labeled and kept in a separate bag to ensure personal items are
separate from others.
Car seats shall not be left in school.
If possible, send one milk bottle to be used and kept at school.
- Visits are allowed for emergency cases only.
- Parents or guardians should wash their hands before entering the school and after leaving the school.
- Parents or guardians are required to wear masks when inside the school.
“Sharing Day/Show and Tell”
- During this period, “Sharing/Show & Tell” on Fridays shall be suspended.
Social Gathering/Group Activities
- School events: Spring Sing and Graduation are cancelled this school year.
- Gymnastics and Soccer will not be offered until further notice.
- During this period, playground structures will not be accessible.
Grouping of children - Cohorts
During this time, the program will operate in cohorts of 14 children or less.
To maintain a stable cohort, children will stay with the same group all the time.
Children will be kept separated from other groups of children to the greatest extentpossible.
- If possible, siblings will be grouped together.
The entrance way (front door) will not be used during this time.
The infant doors (facing the street) and the alley gate shall be used depending on what group your child will be.
Should there be any unfortunate instance that someone is infected with coronavirus, the incident shall be reported to the Local Health Official and Community Care Licensing. We shall follow whatever precautionary measure or course of action these agencies will recommend.